This morning is a bit different because I'm getting ready for a early morning conference I need to attend. I'll be leaving the house much earlier than usual. This requires doing everything in a exponentially shortened time frame. And I can't decide what to wear. I've gained 5 pounds since the Las Vegas trip and the clothes are not fitting right. (I guess I'll go get that fitness club membership today!) Do I go with the long teal pencil skirt or the short plum business skirt? And where are the shoes I used to wear with the plum skirt? Did I really get rid of them and not find a good replacement? At least I've shoes to wear with the teal skirt. Time to make coffee.
Of course, there's no real solution to these morning clothes dilemmas, but I'm suddenly compelled to make the morning coffee. There is something clear and easy about making the coffee each morning and it makes the clothes decision fade. Maybe it's because it is still quite early and my brain is still trying to get into gear, but making the coffee makes me feel like I am accomplishing something without straining myself. I create a pot of coffee and run silly clothes scenarios through my head without creating a massive morning headache. Oddly enough my mundane morning ritual of making coffee helps my brain wake up-and without even drinking a cup of the joe.
There, done and I'm going with the teal pencil skirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment